We are drawing generations together
Our aim is simple, capture and excite a younger generation. To help us achieve this we have tried re-branding the game’s image with the local community through awareness, opportunity and involvement.
In order to provide playing opportunity and stimulate the Youth of HP4 we won a grant for £2500 in 2011 which we spent on equipment designed to excite and capture a younger generation. This equipment has hopefully fired their imagination and changed their perception of bowls bringing a new element of fun and excitement to the game.
Why would a Junior be interested in playing bowls?
- Bowls is a gentle but competitive game that doesn’t have the rough physical challenges other sports have
- It is a game you can play as an individual or as part of a team, you can play at any level you feel comfortable with
- Many of our Juniors have found the relaxation of the game is a perfect escape from the pressure of school and home life
Where do we get our Juniors from ?
We have forged links with the local Cubs & Scout groups and are in the process of strengthening our ties with local schools to put bowls on their radar and encourage participation. We have taster sessions with these groups so if this appeals to your organisation please contact us to set up an event
What is the 2020 membership cost?
The cost for Juniors is only £30 compared to the Adult cost of £125
What is the definition of a ‘Junior’?
We classify a Junior as a person of 19 years or younger on March 1st of each year when our new membership year starts. (The playing season is from late April through to end of September)
Do we have an aim for 2020 ?
We need to re grow our Junior section after many successful years of particpation so we are looking for new recruits this year … especially GIRLS !!
What do we hope to provide as a minimum for anyone joining?
- Weekly Junior sessions that are overseen by Adult members
- Singles and pairs Competitions that run throughout the season with the finals being held on our Club Finals weekend in early September
- Regular Group Coaching sessions with individual tuition available
- The opportunity to play for the Club in Senior matches or Junior ones if we can find the opposition. This also includes District, County and even national participation if we have the talent and they’re keen.
- Naturally we offer the use of all our clubhouse facilities and provide free equipment where possible. In the first season this included the free use of new coloured woods, gold polo shirts, bowls carriers, measures and bowls shoes. You will also be able to play largely without restriction and enjoy all the benefits a sporting club can offer.
- FOOD !!!
Help change its image and be a sporting star in the making
We have already changed our Juniors perception of the game and let them tell us how it can be more exciting and appealing to a younger generation. We now have more colour, shorter faster matches, different formats of the game including bowling at targets so we are willing to listen and change it to their needs. Off the green we have a fantastic clubhouse, a well run club, many social events and through our expanding social media projects they can keep in touch and get involved
Get started now and YOU COULD BE PLAYING FOR ENGLAND in a few years time and for many years thereafter because its all about skill – not age.
When can I have a free go and what do I have to bring?
Every Friday during May from 4pm to 6pm is set aside for Juniors only. Come down as many times as you like and join the others for a bit of fun, all you need is a pair of flat shoes and an open mind. We supply everything, including the occasional free drink! (Also see our Join Us page for for more info)
Finally, but importantly …
Our Club will be safeguarding all Juniors by putting in child protection checks and procedures as required. With the support and guidance of Bowls England & the Herts Bowling Association we have already started to initiate this and actively invite parents involvement and support.
Whilst we have a legal and moral ‘Duty of Care’ to all young people we will also take every measure we can to protect our members and club from the potential of allegations and misconduct.
For any further information please contact our Junior Coaches via Kevin Clarke 07841 371943